Thursday, December 2, 2010

REVERB10 DAY 1

Change. I didn't have to think twice about that. Last December I was in a relationship and in school and a graduate assistant. I had no plan for a future--no future job and no future plans. Just a ticking clock counting down my last semester of graduate school, my last four months of graduate school. I had no guidance, no plans. I was quite literally flying by the seat of my pants. This past year...I failed a class for the first time, Cheated on my boyfriend, Broke up with my boyfriend, Got a passport, Flew to Jamaica, Got a "big girl" job, Got a "big girl" apartment, Became friends with my old best friend again, Lost friends, Got my heart broken, Flew 500 miles to rekindle things with the one man I've loved for 5 years, Got my heart broken again, Went through work struggles, Went through work triumphs, Struggled with being a single 20 something who lives alone and works in a cube, Fish of five years died, Got a kitten, Started a blog, Sat next to somoene for 40 hours a week for 6 months and got to truly know them, Got moved away from the one person who made working in a cube bearable, Felt daily gratitude, Felt daily mourning. Everything about this year has changed. Nothing is the same. Change. 2010 is completely about change.

In 2011? Love. I want to fall deeply, passionately in love. But besides that obvious part, I want to feel love in every aspect of my life. I want to feel love in every way. I want to love my job passionately. I want to continue loving my family. I want to love all the people who are a part of my life. I want to wake up a year from now and just feel encompassed in love. It's a long shot.

But here's to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment