Saturday, December 4, 2010

REVERB 4 WONDER

How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

To me the greatest sense of wonder is exploration. I did 3 things in 2010 that to me truly created a sense of wonder where I put myself in a new place, in a new situation. First, I went to Jamaica. I got a passport and flew to my first foreign country sans parents. I sat on the beach, drank on the beach, watched the sun rise (and set) on the beach. What could truly be more wonderful than that?

Moving. Moving from my small town life to the city. To a city where every time I drive around the bend that reveals the city I still feel a sense of a wonder, months later. A city where I feel like I can always have an adventure, by going somehwere new. Where I can always find something, someone new.

By flying to Chicago to rediscover something old. A city I visited post high school, but a city that looked completely different post college. To visit a man that I knew post high school, but who was completely different to me post college. It was all about rediscovery.

Creating a sense of wonder in life is all about something adventerous, something new, and rediscovering something old.

No comments:

Post a Comment