Wednesday, December 15, 2010

#Reverb10 15: 5 Minutes

When I read this I immediately thought I need to remember everything! But then I realized, it could be sort of a gift. A gift to be able to forget some of those awful moments. I'd remember the trips-to Jamaica & Chicago. That feeling I get where the whole world is possible . I'd remember the closeness I felt with my best friends. That feeling I get when someone totally gets me. I'd remember the changing of the relationship with my mom. The process of becoming friends, but still needing her as my mom. As hard as it was, I'd remember the drive away from my college. I had my entire life packed up in my car, got a full tank of gas, and swore to myself I wouldn't cry as I drove two hours away from everything I'd known as home for the past 5 years. I'd want to keep the ends of college. The times during the last week when I knew it was my last Tuesday wing night or my last night of dancing at the Outback. Those times when it truly was "the last" and "the end." I knew it at the time. And I wish I could have wrapped up those memories more.

But that's life isn't it? You can't relive the parts you want to hold on to and you can't forget the parts you want. That's what makes it living.

No comments:

Post a Comment