Sunday, December 4, 2011

#REVERB 11 Day 3

Prompt 3: As you reflect back on the happenings of 2011, what were your high points and what were your low points? What do you notice as you look back on the year as a whole?

The Lows

There was this day back in early spring, late winter...when my sister called me from the hospital (I blogged about it so you can look it up if you want the whole story) but I was up all night because my bedroom flooded. My nightstand and pillows were ruined, just water everywhere coming through the floor. And my toilet was running. And I was just sitting there and felt like my life was up in a mess and I had nobody that I could call, no place to go, no comfort.

And this other day when I found out he had a girlfriend. But not from him telling me. And I sat in the bathtub all day convincing myself I was fine, convincing myself I knew it was coming, convincing myself I wasn't crushed.

And the worst & lowest of all the days was this first week of May. An ordinary day when I thought I was going to lose my job. That I'd be poor and homeless and have no job and no friends and no hope. I was sick to my stomach that whole week. It was a desperation I'd never felt before.

The Highs

End of July, I got my MBA. I'd worked so long and so hard for it. Two and a half years, $20,000, and a whole fucking lot of heart. Suck it accounting because I've got a masters degree.

This Thursday a few weeks ago when I finally go the call that I got the job I wanted. I haven't started it yet, but god damn, I am counting the days. I felt like the entire weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. That I finally, finally fucking did it.

And then him.

Year as a Whole

I realize I'm really lucky or really awesome. Maybe both.

No comments:

Post a Comment