Tuesday, August 6, 2013

2:05 p.m. in Tokyo

I am waiting for it to be 2:05 p.m. in Tokyo.  That means J will land in Tokyo and he can message me after 10 1/2 hours that he's fine.  I guess this isn't all about me.  I mean, J just spent 10 1/2 hours on a plane, preceded by 3 1/2 hours on a plane and will be followed by 5 1/2 hours on a plane.  His total travel time is TWENTY FUCKING SIX AND A HALF HOURS.  That's a long time. 

I wonder what it would be like to be able to think like a normal person and not feel like the world's going to end before it's 2:05 p.m. in Tokyo.  From the outside looking in, you could never understand it.  From the inside looking out, I can never explain it.

I guess I'm going back to school?  Or at least I think I'm going back to school.  I feel like I should be doing things, you know?  Going back to school is probably not the answer.  Everyone's like "oh yeah, that's cool, I'd like to get a master's degree one day too!' I already have a master's degree you a-hole.  I don't know.  We'll revisit this topic later.

I'm drinking while typing this.  On my new laptop.  It's so tiny!  I shouldn't be drinking and typing.  Have we ever discussed my record of drinking while using laptops?  It's bad.  But I promise I'm being careful.  No, seriously, I really promise this time.  This laptop is not even paid off yet.  (Don't even give me that look.) 

Thanks to the lovely people @timehop, I know that three years ago today I tweeted "You were going to conquer the world." I want so badly to know what that quote is from & who it was about.  I googled and the google says it's from It's a Wonderful Life or Pinky & The Brain.  I don't think it was from either, doesn't sound like me in July.  Let me know if you know.

Also, I want to audition for drunk history.  I love drinking, laying on the floor, & telling stories.  I would be fucking fantastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment