Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Staycation, all I ever wanted, Staycation gotta get away...?

Ok, you guys, I haven't worked in one week and I don't go back til Monday.  I have not left Kansas City in that time, not even for the holiday.  So yes, this is a true "Staycation" if there ever was one.

REMIND ME TO NEVER TAKE STAYCATION IN THE WINTER AGAIN, EVER.

Or I might die.  I mean sure it's been great not having to go to work but seriously, this is ridiculous.  I sleep in the middle of the day or make crazy crockpot recipes that take 8 hours to cook or don't shower for two days or watch entire seasons of tv shows in half a day or don't straighten my hair in 4 days and my great plans are mostly just deciding what time it's acceptable to take my bra off and start drinking and that time is pretty much like 3 pm.  (Just kidding, I'm not drunk (yet) and I'm wearing a bra (for now), pinky promise).  Also I haven't worn real pants in a solid week.

What do people do all day that don't work?  I have no real idea.

Here's a brief rundown of what's going on my life, besides of course this ridiculous staycation:

1) I did all my Christmas shopping from dining room table on Cyber Monday (ASL?) except for my brother & one friend.  Quite relieved and impressed with myself.

2) I am starting my mission of doing at least one 5k every month for the next year.  In October I did the Color Run-Des Moines and in November I did the Turkey Trot.  In December I'm doing the Santa Run & Jingle Bell Run.  Right now I'm insanely slow but I'm excited about setting a goal and following through with it and hopefully getting faster.

3) I'm taking a test at work one week from today to increase my salary.  It's extremely important and I'm very nervous.  Like so nervous I want to throw up just thinking about it.  It'll be ok, right?

4) Ok, I'm STILL listening to Mockingjay on audible.  STILL.  We are going on, what, 8 months?  I'm so tired of it.  Katniss is always like PEETA, PEETA, GAIL, THE CAPITAL!  I'm over it.  I have 4 hours left though and I'm finishing it by Monday.  Then I'm starting Game of Thrones.  Why do I torture myself on Audible?!  Anyone have any audiobooks they loved listening to?  That didn't have annoying narrators?

5) Wendnesday is my favorite night of television.  Law & Order: SVU is so good with that hot new detective I've already forgotten Stabler.  Yep, I'm not afraid to say it.  And are you watching Chicago Fire?  J says I'm Dick Wolf's bitch and it's true.  Don't forget Top Chef!  At least once during the season someone loses a finger and there are always adorable asian chefs AND last week someone made mashed potatoes that were half butter/half potato.  How can you not love it?  Plus there's The Middle, Modern Family, Key & Peele.  But don't talk to me about Suburgatory.  That show is shit and you aren't invited to my wine party if you love it.

xoxo
M
(Don't get cute, you like Gossip Girl too)

No comments:

Post a Comment