Sunday, November 18, 2012

Comes and Goes (In Waves)

The thing about stuff ending is that I want to know it's the last.  I want to know that this, I'll never have this again so that I can savor every last second of it.

I used to try to do that with him but then there'd always be another time until there wasn't.  I can't remember it now.

Hostess is out of business.   I'll be damned if my last Ding Dong was a decade and a half ago and I don't remember it.

I didn't know Fireside Nut Brown was going to be discontinued.  I feel cheated, like if only I'd known, I'd have enjoyed every last sip.  Instead I thought, see ya next winter beer.

I didn't know that the last time I hugged my grandfather would be the last.  I can't remember the last thing I said to him.  I've almost forgotten the way his voice sounds.

It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song.  You were always singing the words, it was so easy. But you can't remember and you try to feel the beat.

This time in my life, this time right now, is the most I've ever wanted to live, to really live and I couldn't be more overjoyed with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment