Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Conversations I wish I'd never started

Conversation with my new coworker tonight.  (Side note, usually in the evenings there are just two of us working and it's not very busy so there's a lot of down time.  Previous coworker and I had lots of long chats about life, happiness, friends, & guys.)

Me: Where do you go to school?
Her: ____ Community College
Me: So what are you going to school for?
Her: Nursing.  But like, I don't want to be a nurse.  I .don't want to do anything really.  A stay a thome mom, maybe.  You know how women in the 50's just stayed home?  I want to do, like, that.  That'd be perfect.
Me: Umm, oh?
Her: Yeah, like nursing school is like so hard.  I mean to get into.  They want me to have good grades, like a 4.0 or something.  I can't get that!  Maybe if I only did school.  But I have like, a life.  And I work.  Community college is like, actually hard.  If they need so many nurses, why do they make it so hard?
Me: Uhhh?
Her: Anyway, I did some nursing work for awhile.  It was fine.  You know, bodily fluids don't bother me. 
Me: I get grossed out.
Her: I thought about being a cosmetologist because I like, love hair & makeup.  But that sounds like no money.  Also I thought about being a massage therapist, but I cannot like, rub people. 
Me: So bodily fluids are ok but rubbing is not?
Her: It's just like impossible!  Anyway, I don't know why they even look at grades.  What you want is a nurse that's just like, nice, ya know?  I'm super nice.  I would be great in an interview.  I hope they just like interview me.  And look at things I do in school besides actual school. 
Me: I'm going to go check the laundry.

Ladies and gentleman, that's the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment