Sunday, January 27, 2013

On January, some things.

Sobriety: Today is my 27th day of sobriety.  I am extremely proud of this.

Reading: I finished reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed and found it absolutely fantastic.  I got halfway through The Kiss by Kathryn Harrison.  I couldn't finish it because it's so f'ing weird.  I won't spoil it in case some of you actually like reading books about weird completely f'ed up girls who bang their dads  (that is not a spoiler, fyi).  I'm currently reading Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson aka The Bloggess.  I'm listening to Tina Fey's Bossypants on audiobook.    

Movies: I saw Zero Dark Thirty in theaters with J.  One man in the theater yelled out "I told you that would happen!" at one point.  It's a true story people.  These things actually happened.  I'd give it a solid B.

TV: I need more Scandal in my life.  I'm watching The West Wing on Netflix.  J & I are watching Sons of Anarchy Season 5 on the DVR.  Did you see the episode Laying Pipe?  Oh god. 

Food:  My new goal is to make 2 new pinterest recipes every month.  I made eggs baked in avocado with facon last Sunday and I'm currently working on one in a crockpot.  This past week was restaurant week and my friend and I made it to Spin! for a BLT salad, sundried tomato & olive pizza, & autumn crunch gelato that was fantastic. 

The 5k: Today I ran the Groundhog run.  I was incredibly slow.  But I finished, so hooray!

Looking forward to: Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment