Sunday, January 29, 2012

The end of NDJ, Nicki Minaj moments, and NOT freaking out

Well, No Drink January is over and I still don't know how to juggle or use chopsticks and don't even have 100 miles logged yet. I'm nowhere near ready to run my 5k, let alone to do it in under 30 minutes. I didn't lose a lot of weight nor did I finish reading an entire book and my skin does not look extremely hydrated. However, I did accomplish not feeling like a complete alcoholic and I also got an iPhone. We'll call it even and just move on to February.

It is Sunday evening and I am not crying in my bathtub, I'm not sitting on the floor having a panic attack. This is the greatest gift this year has given me and I am so very grateful for it. I can get up and go to work and not worry that I'll have to go cry in my car after 30 minutes. I feel hopeful and that working hard might mean something again. I get to learn and use my brain and am treated like an adult. I could really do this, I could be happy and succesful.

The “Nicki Minaj moment,” which is basically any real life version of that line in Nicki Minaj’s song that goes “Yes I did, yes I did, somebody please tell him who the eff I is” that in my mind loosely translates to, “YOU BEST BELIEVE I’M DOING THIS CRAZY ASS THING. BAM!” -@nicoleisbetter

We're doing this, we're really, really doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment